Sellers can speed their home inspection by following these suggestions. The inspection will go smoother, with fewer concerns to delay closing.
- Confirm that water, electric and gas service are on, with gas pilot lights burning.
- Ensure pets won’t hinder the inspection. Ideally, they should be removed from premises or secured outside. Tell your agent about any pets at home.
- Replace burned out bulbs to avoid a “Light is inoperable” report that may suggest an electrical problem.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and replace dead batteries.
- Clean or replace dirty HVAC air filters. They should fit securely.
- Remove stored items, debris and wood from foundation. These may be cited as “conducive conditions” for termites.
- Remove items blocking access to HVAC equipment, electric service panels, water heaters, attics and crawl spaces.
- Unlock areas the inspector must access – attic doors or hatches, electric service panels, closets, fence gates and crawl spaces.
- Trim tree limbs to 10′ from the roof and shrubs from the house to allow access.
- Attend to broken or missing items like doorknobs, locks and latches; windowpanes, screens and locks; gutters, downspouts and chimney caps.
Checking these areas before your home inspection is an investment in selling your property. Your real estate agent will thank you!
How can I book a Home Inspection in Baltimore, MD?
Scheduling your home inspection in Baltimore, MD is easy. Simply call John at Allied Property Inspection Services and they will put you on the schedule with just a 48 hour window needed. Your home inspection report will be delivered the same day. In the Baltimore, MD region simply call
What Should I Expect From a Home Inspector in Baltimore, MD?
We can’t speak for other Home Inspection Companies but we can tell you that with Allied Property Inspection Services you will get:
-The experience, education and expertise of a Certified Professional Inspector (CPI®) for every inspection.
-The use of top monitors and tools to inspect your home.
-A friendly, amicable, inspector and staff.
-A professional inspector on time and available after the inspection to answer questions about the report.
-A computer generated report with digital photos delivered the same day.
Other Areas Serviced
Maryland Counties Served: Allegany County, Carroll County, Harford County, St. Mary’s County, Anne Arundel County, Cecil County, Howard County, Somerset County, Baltimore City, Charles County, Kent County, Talbot County, Baltimore County, Dorchester County, Montgomery County, Washington County, Calvert County, Frederick County, Prince George’s County, Wicomico County,Caroline County, Garrett County, Queen Anne’s County, Worcester County