#EnergyTipsTuesdays brought to you by Allied Property Inspection Services
It’s no secret that heating and cooling account for the bulk of a home’s energy usage — an average of over $1,000 annually. Switching from a manual to a programmable thermostat is one simple way to save as much as $180 a year.
The most basic programmable thermostat can be self-installed in an hour, and comes with preset temperature settings for different times of the day.
Some of the latest models offer greater control, easy programming, sophisticated displays, and even communication with you via the Internet.
Here is a look at some of these smart units.
If you are tired of dealing with your manual thermostat, always trying to remember to turn the heat down before you leave, then you could really benefit from a programmable thermostat.
Also, if you are looking to save money on your utility bills and use less energy and resources, a programmable thermostat is once again your best option. Since Energy Savings and Air Quality are our thing here at Allied Property Inspection Services we wanted to share with you the benefits of a programmable thermostat.
- You will save money on your utility bills because you can schedule the heat to run only when you are home.
- By controlling the thermostat to produce less heat while you are gone, you will be using fewer resources.
- Programmable thermostats are eco-friendly and do not use mercury.
- You don’t have to worry about turning around because you forgot to turn the heat down before leaving the home. It will do that for you.
- You don’t have to enter a freezing cold home after a long day at work. Your thermostat can be set to begin warming the home prior to your arrival.
- In the same breath, you can also adjust your thermostat to begin heating the home just in time to wake up and start the coffee.
- Most programmable thermostats have options to set different temperatures at different times, seven days a week. That means your workweek and weekend days can have an entirely different schedule.
- It’s not just heating that is controlled by a programmable thermostat, this is a year round advantage with the air conditioning as well!
If your wanting to save energy you can pick Honeywell’s programable thermostat below and other great home products below!
With Every Purchase Made You Help To Feed Hungry Children In America For More Information on Project Feed Kids Click The Video Below!
Clearly, there are numerous advantages to switching your home’s thermostat to an energy efficient, programmable thermostat including saving money, and being kind and considerate to our environment and our limited resources. And, let’s not forget the MAJOR convenience factor!